Learning how to make Gnocchi was the reason for me getting this…as it was worth it. I highly recommend this website ‘Theslowroasteditalian.com’. This has quite a few great recipes I highly recommend and love. (Learn how to make the Gnocchi, it was easy to do).
Website for Original Recipe Before changes below: www.theslowroasteditalian.com
- 1 (16-oz) package fresh or frozen gnocchi
- 1 (12-oz) jar sweet roasted red peppers (drained)
- 1 (14.5-oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 lb hot Italian chicken sausages
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (plus more to season water)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, fill an 8 quart pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once water boils, add 3-4 tbsp of kosher salt and gnocchi. Cook according to package directions.
- Add sausage to saucepan and cook until browned. Flip sausages and brown the other side, about 5 minutes total. After both sides are browned add ¼ cup water and cover.
- Set aside ¼ cup of almonds for garnishing. While the sausages are cooking, combine diced tomatoes, almonds, and red peppers. Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour red pepper sauce into saucepan. Stir around sausage.
- Drain gnocchi, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Add reserved pasta water to red pepper sauce. Remove sausage from sauce and slice into coins. Return sausage coins to sauce, add gnocchi. Reduce to simmer, stir in basil. Simmer for 5 minutes while you set the table. Serve and enjoy!
calories 430 % Daily Value * Total Fat 11 g 16 % Saturated Fat 3 g 14 % Monounsaturated Fat 4 g Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 73 mg 24 % Sodium 886 mg 37 % Potassium 1048 mg 30 % Total Carbohydrate 62 g 21 % Dietary Fiber 7 g 26 % Sugars 5 g Protein 23 g 45 % Vitamin A 57 % Vitamin C 109 % Calcium 23 % Iron 31 %