Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnyms.com
- 1.25 pounds chicken breast fillets (about 3 breasts), cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup flour (we used white whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 navel oranges
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon lite soy sauce, optional tamari
- In a gallon-sized ziplock bag, add chicken cubes and flour. Shake vigorously until chicken is well-coated. Remove chicken and shake off excess flour.
- Add oil to a large skillet or wok, turn to medium heat, add cubed chicken and cook until lightly golden on all sides. Remove chicken and place on a paper towel. Drain any remaining oil from skillet.
- Zest oranges and add to a mixing bowl. Squeeze juice from oranges, discard seeds, and add to the same bowl. Add barbecue and soy sauce and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken and sauce mixture to the skillet. Toss to coat chicken. Cook on medium heat until sauce has thickened to desired consistency, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place on a platter.
- Garnish with green onion slices, if desired. Add remaining sauce from the skillet to a bowl and serve along side chicken.
- Complement orange chicken with one of these delicious sides:
- Fried Rice with Cabbage
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 9 g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 49 mg||16 %|
|Sodium 579 mg||24 %|
|Potassium 126 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||11 %|
|Sugars 11 g|
|Protein 24 g||49 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||48 %|