Site for original Recipe before changes: www.eatingwell.com
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
Finely chop mushrooms, onion, celery and garlic in a food processor. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
Add breadcrumbs, water chestnuts, scallions, Shaoxing (or sherry), ginger, pinch of salt and pepper to the cooled vegetables; stir until combined. Add beef and mix gently to combine (do not overmix). Form into 30 meatballs (a scant 2 tablespoons each) and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the meatballs until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F, about 15 minutes.
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze baked, cooled meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer to an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat from frozen in a 350°F oven for about 25 minutes.
|Total Fat 10 g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 3 g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||17 %|
|Sodium 114 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 307 mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||5 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 19 g||37 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||8 %|