Finding a new website, I tried one of their recipes. OMG, melt in your mouth flavorful chicken….
Cook’s Cottage: “Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken is one of those everyone-should-know-how-to-make recipes. It’s easy and comes together quickly. In fact, it’s hard to mess up!”
Website for Original Recipe Before changes below: cookscottage.com
Categories: Italian, chicken, healthy
1/2 cup Mayonnaise (fat free or low calorie)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets. ( i used 1 lb Redbird All Natural Chicken breast, 98% fat free)
4 to 5 teaspoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Moisten chicken breasts with water and lay on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy)
- Divide the mayonnaise mixture evenly among the chicken, just spreading it across the top of each piece, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle bread crumbs on each piece of chicken.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and juices run clear.
- Tops will be browned and chicken will be incredibly juicy.
- You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.
- Serve with a veggie like these delicious fresh broccoli that I steamed.
- Season with a dash of fresh parsley, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 9 g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 5 g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 78 mg||26 %|
|Sodium 909 mg||38 %|
|Potassium 28 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||1 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 35 g||70 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|