“Though seemingly unconventional, this recipe will surely please anyone. The combination of exotic ingredients comes together perfectly to form an altogether delicious grilled chicken.”
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (This recipe is with a pound of Redbird All Natural Chicken Breast – 98% fat free)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch dried sage
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, sugar, honey, saffron, garlic, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, oregano, parsley, and sage. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover, and marinate 20 to 25 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, or until exterior is charred and juices run clear.
Amount Per Serving calories 259 % Daily Value * Total Fat 3 g 4 % Saturated Fat 1 g 4 % Monounsaturated Fat 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 60 mg 20 % Sodium 653 mg 27 % Potassium 470 mg 13 % Total Carbohydrate 36 g 12 % Dietary Fiber 7 g 27 % Sugars 28 g Protein 29 g 58 % Vitamin A 9 % Vitamin C 3 % Calcium 40 % Iron 93 %