Here’s a salad version of America’s favorite sandwich. We use shredded tomato as a base for the creamy tomato-and-chive dressing—adding great tang and flavor along with extra vitamin C.
Recipe for original Recipe: www.eatingwell.com
- 4 medium tomatoes, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, or scallion greens
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 cups chopped hearts of romaine lettuce
- 8 slices Jennio’s turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss bread with oil and spread on a baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut 1 tomato in half. Working over a large bowl, shred both halves using the large holes on a box grater. Discard the skin.
- Add mayonnaise, chives (or scallion greens), vinegar, garlic powder and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Layer in the jars, Dressing, Tomatoes, Cheese, Bacon and Lettuce
|Total Fat 6 g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 15 mg||5 %|
|Sodium 310 mg||13 %|
|Potassium 520 mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22 g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||16 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 8 g||16 %|
|Vitamin A||122 %|
|Vitamin C||12 %|