So we love salads, and we love cheeseburgers. So when I saw this from Skinnytaste, I knew I had to try it! We have made this in Salad format, but never in a jar. So for this week, with low fat beef (96/4), and lots of veggies, this tops the calories at 337 calories!
Website credited with original recipe: www.skinnytaste.com
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound 96/4% lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper. With wet hand, gently form into 4 equal patties. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook hamburger patties on a grill to medium doneness, around 4-5 minutes per side. After flipping the patties, add the onion rings to the grill. Cook onion for the remaining 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Allow patties to rest for 5-10 minutes then cut each patty into 16 bite-size pieces.
- Add the lettuce, pickles, onion, avocado and tomato to the bowl. Divide the salad among 4 plates, top each with grilled onions, cheese, and 1 chopped patty. Drizzle with ¼ of the dressing.
|Total Fat 25 g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 6 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 90 mg||30 %|
|Sodium 928 mg||39 %|
|Potassium 210 mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||6 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 26 g||53 %|
|Vitamin A||52 %|
|Vitamin C||12 %|