Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnyms.com
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppersalt to taste
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thinly sliced rings
- 4 ounces sliced Portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 40 slices Boar’s Head turkey Pepperoni
- 4 cups cooked whole grain penne
- 24 ounce jar marinara, no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook turkey in a large skillet over medium heat, sprinkle with sage, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt to taste. Break turkey up into chunks while cooking, continue cooking until it has lost its pink color and is cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, on medium-low heat, add oil and cook onion rings until they begin to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms release moisture, about 5 additional minutes. Drain liquid.
- Cook penne according to instructions of the box.Note: Approximately 1-1/2 cups uncooked pasta equals 4 cups cooked.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl marinara, cooked penne, cooked turkey and basil, spread into a 9″x13″ casserole dish. Evenly distribute remaining ingredients over penne, top with mozzarella. Then top with turkey pepperoni. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
|Total Fat 7 g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 49 mg||2 %|
|Potassium 125 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5 g||21 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 19 g||38 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||43 %|