Original Recipe before changes : www.skinnyms.com
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger (from fresh, peeled ginger root)
- 1 small bunch asparagus, woody bottoms removed
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- Heat the garlic on medium low in the sesame oil just for a minute, until it is golden and fragrant, but not burnt. Add the broccoli florets and asparagus spears and the vegetable broth and cover.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, to allow to steam.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, honey and scallions. Remove the lid of the pot and put the vegetables in a bowl. Add the remaining sesame oil, chicken, scallions, soy sauce, ginger, and honey to the pot. Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, for 3- 5 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink. Add in the vegetables and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the sesame seeds just prior to serving, if using. Serve with brown rice, if desired.
|Total Fat 10 g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 61 mg||20 %|
|Sodium 541 mg||23 %|
|Potassium 249 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||10 %|
|Sugars 7 g|
|Protein 28 g||57 %|
|Vitamin A||16 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|