From: EatingWell Magazine, May/June 2014
Whole-wheat tortillas provide a tasty twist in this quick grilled chicken breast recipe that combines all the elements of a classic club sandwich into a wrap. Serve with extra napkins.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 large leaves red- or green-leaf lettuce
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with ¼ teaspoon pepper. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, vinegar, onion, oil, salt and the remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl along with tomato, avocado and bacon; toss to combine.
- To assemble the wraps, place 2 lettuce leaves on each tortilla and top with chicken salad (about 1 cup each). Roll up like a burrito. Serve cut in half, if desired.
- Oiling a grill rack helps keep grilled food from sticking. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the hot rack.
- Eat neat: Keeping the filling inside a wrap or burrito can be a challenge, especially if you’re on the go. That’s why we recommend wrapping your burrito in foil so you can pick it up and eat it without losing the filling, peeling back the foil as you go.
|Total Fat 15 g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 3 g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 75 mg||25 %|
|Sodium 720 mg||30 %|
|Potassium 244 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 16 g||63 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 38 g||76 %|
|Vitamin A||17 %|
|Vitamin C||11 %|