This is a compliation of the other “Copycat Chipotle” recipes. The nutrition is for without tortillas. If wanting to use tortillas, we used low carb La Tortilla Factory at 50 calories apiece. We used two per serving for 100 calories added on. It’s good as is however! You can find lean cuts of meat at the grocerer or butcher. We also cut the amount down to 2 lbs on Barbacoa.
Website for Original Recipe Before my changes below: www.skinnymom.com
- 1/2 cup Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1/3 cup Copycat Chipotle Barbacoa
- 1/4 cup Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
- 1/4 cup Copycat Chipotle Pico De Gallo
- 16 tortillas (optional)
- For the adobo sauce, combine apple cider vinegar, chipotle peppers, minced garlic, cumin, lime juice, oregano, black pepper, salt, and cloves in a blender or food processor on high speed until smooth.
- Next use a knife to remove as much fat as possible from the roast and cut into 6 large pieces.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and sear all sides of roast until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place meat into slow cooker and pour adobo sauce over meat.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4-5 hours or on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- After meat has cooked, shred meat in slow cooker using two forks and turn slow cooker to warm to keep meat heated while you prepare the Copycat Chipotle® Cilantro Lime Brown Rice, Copycat Chipotle® Corn Salsa and Copycat Chipotle® Pico De Gallo.
- In 4 separate bowls, layer 1 cup Copycat Chipotle® Cilantro Lime Brown Rice, 1/4 cup black beans, 1 cup Copycat Chipotle® Barbacoa, 1/2 cup Copycat Chipotle® Corn Salsa and 3/4 cup Copycat Chipotle® Pico De Gallo.
Nutrition Facts Servings 8.0 Amount Per Serving calories 298 % Daily Value * Total Fat 15 g 22 % Saturated Fat 5 g 26 % Monounsaturated Fat 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 57 mg 19 % Sodium 1116 mg 47 % Potassium 454 mg 13 % Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8 % Dietary Fiber 3 g 13 % Sugars 7 g Protein 20 g 40 % Vitamin A 20 % Vitamin C 40 % Calcium 5 % Iron 17 %