These are nice and crispy. Using a new website Rockrecipes.com, I found a good one. However, instead of using 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil, I use butter spray (5 calories vs. 120 calories).
The secret is heating the pan BEFORE putting in the potatoes so as not to have them stick.
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 small head of garlic (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Preheat the cookie sheet in the oven as well. It is important that the fries hit a hot pan because this will help ensure that they do not stick to the pan. If the potato wedges sizzle when they hit the hot pan, that’s perfect. You’ll want to get the pan back into the oven as quickly as possible too.
- Bring 2-3 liters of salted water to a boil. Begin by washing the potatoes and cutting them in thick wedges. Drop the potato wedges in the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes exactly. Immediately drain the water off the potatoes and toss in the olive oil, salt and pepper. You can add additional seasoning at this point like herbs or chili flakes but they are great simply seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Spread the potato wedges in a single layer on a large preheated cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Turn the wedges over once, half way through the baking time. Remove from oven, sprinkle with kosher salt and serve.