Original Recipe before changes : www.skinnytaste.com
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 center cut bone-in pork chops, trimmed of excess fat (with bone about 32 oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp sazon (I used my homemade recipe)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste, to taste
- 2 tbsp all purpose unbleached flour (for gluten free use sweet rice flour)
- 8 oz yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup alcapparado (or green pimento olives)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Rub the pork chops with crushed garlic, then add sazon, cumin, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the chops and add to the slow cooker.
- Top with the potatoes and peppers.
- Pour the tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water over the pork.
- Add the garlic, alcapparado (or olives), 1/4 cup cilantro and bay leaves.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender, for me that was on LOW 8 hours.
- Transfer the pork chops to a platter and remove the bay leaves.
- Add the remaining fresh cilantro to the sauce and stir.
- To serve place 1 chop on each plate with 3/4 cups sauce and vegetables.
|Total Fat 17 g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 853 mg||36 %|
|Potassium 530 mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 37 g||75 %|
|Vitamin A||24 %|
|Vitamin C||87 %|