All the deliciousness of stuffed mushrooms without all the work! An easy side dish you can serve any night of the week!.
Website for Original Recipe Before my changes: www.skinnytaste.com
- 1 pound white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup dried Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off the bottom of the stems; then, use a moist paper towel to gently remove any dirt from mushrooms.
- Quarter or halve the mushrooms, depending on the size.
- Sprinkle water in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish then place mushrooms in a single layer on top of the water.
- In a small bowl combine next six ingredients: breadcrumbs through salt/pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of the mushrooms.
- Top with olive oil spray so it’s evenly coated. Bake uncovered until the mushrooms are golden, about 20 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Amount Per Serving calories 73 % Daily Value * Total Fat 2 g 4 % Saturated Fat 1 g 5 % Monounsaturated Fat 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 4 mg 1 % Sodium 259 mg 11 % Potassium 83 mg 2 % Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3 % Dietary Fiber 1 g 6 % Sugars 3 g Protein 6 g 13 % Vitamin A 9 % Vitamin C 13 % Calcium 7 % Iron 6 %