For a night and easy meal, marinade the day before and grill up the next day. No disappointment here! We served this with our Bacon Garlic Green Beans.
Website for Original Recipe Before my changes below: www.slenderkitchen.com
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs (we used RedBird All Natural Chicken Breasts instead)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1.5 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. ketchup (look for no sugar added)
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp. Sriracha (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, shallots, vinegar, honey, ketchup, cilantro, Sriracha, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Add to a large ziploc bag and add the chicken thighs. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, overnight is even better.
- Grilling: Preheat the grill on high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes to create a sauce. Grill on high for 4 minutes on each side, keeping the grill closed. Serve with sauce.
- Broiling: Preheat the broiler. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a baking sheet covered with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes to create a sauce. Broil for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.