Site for original Recipe before changes: www.natashaskitchen.com
(Note Nutritional Value included Mashed Potato and Asparagus, by itself, the steak and sauce is 547 calories)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 small or ½ medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dry thyme if you must)
- 4 Kroger Private Selection Beef Tenderloin Steaks
- ½ cup Barefoot Merlot
- 1½ cups low sodium beef broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place a large heavy-bottomed pan over medium/high heat and melt in 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil. Add thickly sliced mushrooms and cook 5 min until soft. Stir in onion and cook another 3 minutes. Press in garlic cloves then season with ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper and 1 Tbsp fresh thyme. Cook another 2 min, stirring constantly until garlic is fragrant, then transfer mushroom mixture to a plate. Wipe the skillet clean with a wet papertowel.
- Pat dry steaks with a paper towel and season all over with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Place the same pan over medium/high heat and add 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil. When butter is hot and finished foaming, add seasoned steaks to skillet and saute, turning over once with tongs about 3-5 min per side for medium-rare (I cooked 5-6 min per side for medium doneness). If steak is browning too fast, reduce heat to medium. Use tongs to transfer steaks to the plate with mushrooms.
- Add ½ cup Merlot and boil until reduced by half (3 min), scraping the bottom with a spatula to deglaze the pan. Add 1½ cups broth and boil until about ⅔ cup liquid remains (5-6 min). Add ½ cup cream and boil until sauce thickens slighly (2 min). Return mushrooms and steak to the pan and heat until warmed through (1 – 2 min). Season sauce to taste with more salt & pepper if desired (I added about ¼ tsp more salt).
|Total Fat 36 g||56 %|
|Saturated Fat 15 g||74 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 121 mg||40 %|
|Sodium 287 mg||12 %|
|Potassium 1625 mg||46 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 54 g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8 g||30 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 58 g||117 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||40 %|