Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnyms.com
- 2 butterfly pork chops, 1″ thick
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat crumbs, crunchy (try Ian’s Panko whole wheat breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika (regular paprika will work)
- NOTE: 1″ Butterfly Chops are plenty for two people, so we cut them in half to make 4 servings. Feel free to eat an entire schnitzel since this cut is much leaner than other cuts of pork. However, most slow cookers can accommodate only two full size butterfly chops after being pounded thin.
- Trim any visible fat from chops and slice each down the center, lengthwise on the seam. Pound the chops until thin. In a medium bowl combine crunchy bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon paprika…set aside.
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Add pork chop to egg mixture, cover, place in the refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour.
- Spread bread crumbs on a cookie sheet. Remove chops from egg mixture, allow excess to drip off, add to bread crumbs and throughly coat both sides. Lightly spray the bottom and lower sides of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Also, lightly spray both sides of pork chops with cooking spray.
- If a rack is available, place in the slow cooker and arrange chops on top, or place directly in the slow cooker if a rack isn’t available. Cover, cook on high 3 hours or low 6 hours on low, or until pork is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. There is no need to turn Schnitzel during cooking time.
- Minimum slow cooker size: 5 quarts
|Total Fat 6 g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 43 mg||14 %|
|Sodium 379 mg||16 %|
|Potassium 153 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||2 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 16 g||32 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|