Recipe for original Recipe before changes: www.eatingwell.com
20 large fresh mushrooms, 1- ½ to 2 inches in diameter (about 1- ½ pounds)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup finely chopped broccoli
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano or ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
2 oz Screaming Dutchman Skinny Gouda
2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- Clean mushrooms. Remove stems from mushrooms. Set stems aside.
- Lightly coat the rounded side of each mushroom cap with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place mushroom caps, stem sides down, in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan lined with foil. Bake in a 425°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Carefully place mushroom caps, stem sides down, on a double thickness of paper towels to drain while preparing filling. Meanwhile, for filling, chop enough of the mushroom stems to make 1 cup.
- Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat.
- Add the 1 cup chopped mushroom stems, the broccoli, onion, garlic, dried oregano (if using), salt, and pepper to hot skillet. Cook and stir for 5 to 10 minutes or just until tender and most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in feta cheese, bread crumbs, and fresh oregano (if using).
- Place mushroom caps, stem sides up, in the same baking pan.
- Spoon the broccoli mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake in the 425°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes more or until heated through.
|Total Fat 1 g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||1 %|
|Sodium 50 mg||2 %|
|Potassium 37 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||2 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 2 g||3 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||9 %|