Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnyms.com
- 4 (about 1-inch thick each) bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody bottoms removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup clean eating pesto, store bought or homemade
- 4 medium bamboo skewers, soaked for 20 minutes in warm water, or metal skewers
- 1/4 cup basil leaves for garnish, optional
- Rub pork chops with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper on both sides. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Oil the grate of a grill and set to medium heat. Add chops and grill for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Internal temperature taken with a meat thermometer should read 145 to 160 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add alongside the pork chops, after the chops have cooked for 15 minutes.
- Thread cherry tomatoes onto skewers and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus and tomatoes for about 5 minutes, until asparagus is slightly tender and tomato skins have blackened a bit in places. After removing pork chops from grill, allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Cover veggies until ready to serve. Tomatoes may be served on skewers or removed from skewers.
- Serve asparagus and tomatoes alongside pork chops and drizzle with pesto.
|Total Fat 43 g||66 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1398 mg||58 %|
|Potassium 291 mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||9 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 76 g||151 %|
|Vitamin A||21 %|
|Vitamin C||18 %|