Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnyms.com
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs (with bone or boneless), or thighs and drumsticks
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (white part, roots discarded, and green parts reserved for garnish)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice wine (not rice vinegar) or sherry
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (green part), for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients besides the chicken thighs and green scallions. Once the sauce is fully mixed, add the chicken pieces and fully coat with the sauce on all sides.
- Place chicken in a baking dish that has been thinly coated with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Cook for 20- 25 minutes, uncovered, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F when taking with a meat thermometer (or until chicken is cooked through).
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and allow the chicken to rest, 10 minutes, covered before serving.
- Serve garnished with green scallions. Serve suggestions include serving with steamed rice or quinoa and a vegetable.
|Total Fat 6 g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 96 mg||32 %|
|Sodium 1100 mg||46 %|
|Potassium 120 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 24 g||49 %|
|Vitamin A||7 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|