Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnyms.com
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons lite soy sauce, optional tamari
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Chives, minced (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix the water, soy sauce, honey, sriracha, lime juice and ginger, set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and pepper and roll chicken pieces to coat, shake off excess.
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan add olive oil, cook the chicken until they are starting to become golden brown. Push them to one side of the pan then add the garlic. Toss for about a minute or until they become fragrant and golden in color.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken and toss to coat. Cook the chicken until the sauce thickens. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and chives if using. Serve over steamed brown rice or quinoa while still hot.
- For an added crunch, add 1/2 cup cashews or water chestnuts, just after the sauce thickens. Toss to coat and cook an additional 30 seconds or so.
|Total Fat 13 g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 823 mg||34 %|
|Potassium 46 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20 g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||3 %|
|Sugars 17 g|
|Protein 27 g||53 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||5 %|