Site for original Recipe before changes: www.delish.com
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 10 oz. shells
- 16 oz. marinara or tomato sauce
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until golden.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add shells and stir until coated in sausage and peppers, then pour over marinara and chicken broth. Simmer until shells are al dente and almost all of the liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and mozzarella. Garnish with parsley and serve.
|Total Fat 22 g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 9 g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 60 mg||20 %|
|Sodium 1017 mg||42 %|
|Potassium 141 mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 53 g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7 g||29 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 22 g||45 %|
|Vitamin A||35 %|
|Vitamin C||65 %|