This is a scrumptious hummus using less oil. It’s adapted from Martha Shulman’s Mediterranean Light and works well with Brenda’s “Middle Eastern Tuna Salad Pitas” or as a dip with raw vegetables.”
I put this on some light Pitettes (mini pitas) as seen below on my counter, it was amazing! I think next time I will incorporate some red pepper and roasted garlic or something like that.
Website for Original Recipe Before changes below: www.food.com
- 2 cups canned chick-peas
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Puree beans and garlic in a food processor.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, cumin, salt to taste, and yogurt.
- Blend until thoroughly smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, garlic or lemon as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Servings 16.0 Amount Per Serving calories 173 % Daily Value * Total Fat 14 g 21 % Saturated Fat 2 g 11 % Monounsaturated Fat 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 202 mg 8 % Potassium 6 mg 0 % Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3 % Dietary Fiber 4 g 15 % Sugars 1 g Protein 7 g 14 % Vitamin A 0 % Vitamin C 3 % Calcium 2 % Iron 6 %