Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnyms.com
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided (optional, coconut aminos, Tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together in a medium sized bowl, half of the soy sauce, half of the vinegar, and the sweetener. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a skillet and heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, just until garlic is golden and fragrant, but not burnt.
- Add the marinated chicken with any juices in the bowl and cook for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper strips, remaining soy sauce and vinegar, and black pepper and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes until peppers have softened and chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon chicken over or alongside brown rice or quinoa.
- Tip: To have chicken with a crisper texture, sear on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, without adding the extra marinade. Add the marinade to a small pot and cook down slightly until it thickens up a touch. You might try adding a little cornstarch for a thicker marinade. Then, add to the crusted chicken and other ingredients as stated in the directions.
|Total Fat 4 g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 69 mg||23 %|
|Sodium 688 mg||29 %|
|Potassium 386 mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21 g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||3 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 30 g||59 %|
|Vitamin A||19 %|
|Vitamin C||67 %|