Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnyms.com
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided (optional, coconut aminos, Tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion, cut into strips
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together half of the soy sauce, half of the vinegar, orange peel, orange juice, and coconut sugar. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a skillet and heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, just until garlic is golden and fragrant, but not burnt. Add the marinated chicken with any juices in the bowl and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper strips, onions, remaining soy sauce and vinegar, and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes until peppers have softened and chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon chicken over or alongside brown rice or quinoa.
|Total Fat 9 g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 72 mg||24 %|
|Sodium 484 mg||20 %|
|Potassium 177 mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||3 %|
|Sugars 10 g|
|Protein 32 g||64 %|
|Vitamin A||19 %|
|Vitamin C||87 %|