Site for original Recipe before changes: www.eatingwell.com
- 1½-1¾ pounds bone-in, ¾-inch-thick pork rib chops, trimmed of fat
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ½ cup barbecue sauce, (we used this from Skinnytaste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add orange juice and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in barbecue sauce. Return the pork chops to the pan, turning several times to coat with the sauce.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the pork chops are barely pink in the middle and an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, 6 to 10 minutes. Serve the sauce over the pork chops.
|Total Fat 3 g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 47 mg||16 %|
|Sodium 606 mg||25 %|
|Potassium 584 mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 24 g|
|Protein 21 g||42 %|
|Vitamin A||9 %|
|Vitamin C||119 %|