Site for original Recipe before changes: www.ssmuckers.com
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Puritan® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (4 to 6 oz.) beef tenderloin or eye of round steaks, trimmed of fat
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s® Seedless Blackberry Jam
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen blackberries
- MIX lemon juice, oil, onion and garlic in large resealable plastic food storage bag. Place steaks in marinade. Seal bag; refrigerate 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. When ready to cook, season steaks with salt and coarsely ground pepper. Discard marinade.
- SPRAY grill rack with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill.
- COOK jam, vinegar and onion powder in small saucepan over medium heat until jam is melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- PLACE steaks on prepared grill. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once halfway through cooking time. To serve, top steaks with blackberry sauce. Sprinkle with fresh blackberries.
- Steaks can also be broiled in the oven. Place on broiler pan sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once halfway through cooking time.