Recipe for original Recipe before changes: www.organize yourselfskinny.com
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, grated
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons capers with the juice
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 4 small chicken breasts
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the ingredients except the chicken. Smash the capers a bit with the end off the whisk.
- Place the chicken into a dish or quart size plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top. Mix the bag around until all of the chicken is coated with the marinade.
- Let the chicken sit in the marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cook the chicken on a medium high heat grill for 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- If you want to baste the chicken in the marinade, while grilling, boil the remainder of the marinade for 5 minutes or microwave on high for 2.
|Total Fat 9 g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 69 mg||23 %|
|Sodium 561 mg||23 %|
|Potassium 189 mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||5 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 30 g||60 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||33 %|