Original Recipe before changes : www.foodiecrush.com
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 3 meyer lemons or 4 regular lemons
- ½ cup fruity olive oil
- 6 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- Trim the fat from the pork tenderloin and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in a gallon plastic freezer bag.
- Zest the lemons and set the zest aside for the lemon rice. In a small bowl mix the olive oil with the juice of 2 of the meyer lemons or 3 of the regular lemons, reserving one lemon to juice for the lemon rice. Stir in the garlic, oregano, kosher salt and black pepper. Pour over the pork in the plastic bag, seal tightly removing as much air as possible and refrigerate for 2 hours but preferably overnight, up to as many days up to it’s expiration date.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill to medium high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade and discard the marinade. Thread the meat on metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked for at least 20 minutes.
- While the grill is heating, add 2 cups of water to a saucepan with the rice, the lemon zest, the reserved lemon juice, butter and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring the rice to a boil over high heat then reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and season with more kosher salt and pepper to taste and stir in 1 tablespoon of minced parsley.
- While the rice is cooking, grill the pork until browned on all sides, turning every few minutes, and cooked to 160 degrees F, about 10-15 minutes depending on the heat of your grill. Transfer to a platter, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, another squeeze of lemon if you like and serve with the lemon rice.
|Total Fat 8 g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 8 mg||3 %|
|Sodium 863 mg||36 %|
|Potassium 122 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||6 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 38 g||76 %|
|Vitamin A||7 %|
|Vitamin C||11 %|