Fall off the bone tender ribs that will be gone in a flash. You won’t need a knife with these!
- 3 lbs pork spareribs
- salt and pepper or your favorite rib rub
- 1 jar barbecue sauce (Or click here for a homemade one)
- 1/2 bottle liquid smoke
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 orange habanero chilies (optional for a real kick)
- Do not pre-heat the slow cooker.
- Dice up the onion (and chilies), add to crock pot.
- Rub the ribs with salt and pepper or rub.
- Add Ribs to crock pot with liquid smoke
- Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Try not to lift the lid too much.
- During last half hour, lift the lid, you will see a lot of grease from the ribs (alternatively you can bake them for an hour to bake off the fat, this leads to a drier rib), what I do is grab a baster and pint glass, drain off the grease (keep the baster level when transferring the grease) and drain 3/4 full into the pint glass. Add barbecue sauce and let sit for one more hour with lid on.
- The meat is so soft it will fall off the bone,