Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnytaste.com
¾ cup skinny ranch dressing
Ingredients for Burger Crumble:
1 pound extra lean ground beef, I used Trader Joe’s (96/4), see shopping tip
1 cup yellow onions, diced
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt or salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Salads:
24 cups romaine lettuce (each salad uses 4 cups)
¾ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
3 cups tomatoes, chopped
1. Prepare the Skinny Ranch and refrigerate. Can be made several days in advance. Or use a store bought light Thousand Island or Ranch dressing.
2. To make burger crumble: In a large, nonstick pan add ground beef and onions. Brown over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Stir often, breaking up beef, into a crumble. Once browned, pour into a colander in the sink to drain any fat.
3. Add browned beef back to pan. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir often.
4. To make one salad: Line a dinner plate with 4 cups lettuce. Top lettuce with ½ cup warm burger crumble. Sprinkle with ½ cup tomatoes (drained). Drizzle 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing over salad. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese.
5. You don’t have to make all 6 salads at once. Pack the burger crumble in individual containers and freeze for more salads in the future.
Makes 6 main course salads. Each serving 1 salad
|Total Fat 6 g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 53 mg||18 %|
|Sodium 299 mg||12 %|
|Potassium 563 mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||13 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 26 g||51 %|
|Vitamin A||187 %|
|Vitamin C||29 %|