No need to give up on mashed potatoes with this lightened up recipe using low fat ingredients garlic and fresh herbs.
Website for Original Recipe Before changes below: www.skinnytaste.com
- 2 lbs (4 medium) yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tbsp light butter
- kosher salt to taste
- dash of fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs of choice: parsley, thyme, tarragon
- Put potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan.
- Add sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 159.6 • Fat: 1.7 • Carbs: 32.3 • Fiber: 3.2 • Protein: 4.5