Nice and easy, quick to make, healthy too. Great recipe from Skinnymom.
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground sirloin (look for 90% or less)
- 2 tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 can fat-free refried beans
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeños
- 1/4 cup green chillies, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- Taco Seasoning or use store bought but look for low-sodium option and only use 1/2 of mix and 1/4 cup water.
- 4 Flatout® Flatbread Soft 100% Whole Wheat Wraps
- reduced-fat sour cream
- *Optional ingredients are not included in nutritional calculations.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a medium size skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add onion, green chilies and jalapeños and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground sirloin to onion and peppers and brown ground sirloin over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain meat and onions and return to pan.
- Add taco seasoning to ground sirloin and 1/4 cup water.
- Stir meat over medium heat and simmer until liquid is almost gone.
- Add a thin layer of refried beans to each flatbread.
- Top each flatbread with ground sirloin and sprinkle with cheese.
- Using a large baking sheet or cookie sheet, place flatbreads in oven and cook for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted and the flatbread is crispy.
- Remove flatbreads from oven and add tomatoes, shredded lettuce and black olives.
- Serve with salsa and top with (optional) reduced-fat sour cream.