Original Recipe before changes : www.skinnyms.com
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup hot sauce, I used Frank’s Red Hot Original
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup honey (preferably raw wildflower honey), optional is sucanat or coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika, I used Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- In a small skillet, add oil and heat to medium-low. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 15 minutes. Add garlic and sauté one additional minute. Add onion, garlic and all remaining ingredients to a medium sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer approximately 30 minutes.
- If desired, pour sauce through a sieve and discard onion and peppers. Allow sauce to cool to room temperature and store in a glass jar with lid until ready to use.