Site for original Recipe before changes: www.womanista.com
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 2 fajitas
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green Chilies
- 16 low-carb, high-fiber whole wheat tortillas, original size
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cumin, chili powder, red chili flakes, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Place half of the sliced onions and peppers on the bottom of the slow cooker, and the chicken on top of that.
- Sprinkle half of the seasoning mix over the chicken, flip the chicken with tongs and sprinkle the remaining seasoning on the chicken.
- Add the rest of the onions and peppers, squeeze in the juice of 1 lime, and pour in the Rotel.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- Take the chicken out and slice or shred it, then add it back to the slow cooker for 10-15 minutes on low.
|Total Fat 7 g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 55 mg||18 %|
|Sodium 802 mg||33 %|
|Potassium 503 mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 18 g||74 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 34 g||67 %|
|Vitamin A||21 %|
|Vitamin C||165 %|