Recipe for original Recipe before changes: www.eatingwell.com
- 2 4-ounce boneless pork chops, ½ inch thick, trimmed
- 1 thin slice Swiss cheese, (1 ounce), cut in half
- 2 dill pickle sandwich slices
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1½ teaspoons canola oil
- 2 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf, cut in half
- Cut each pork chop nearly in half horizontally, stopping short of the opposite side. Open each chop and place between sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, slightly thicker than ⅛ inch.
- Place a piece of cheese and a pickle slice on one side of each flattened chop. Fold the chop over the filling, closing it like a book. Press the edges firmly together to seal. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the stuffed chops, reduce heat to medium and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread the toasted buns with mustard and top each with a pork chop, tomato slice and lettuce.
|Total Fat 14 g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 5 g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27 %|
|Sodium 630 mg||26 %|
|Potassium 13 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21 g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||23 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 32 g||63 %|
|Vitamin A||9 %|
|Vitamin C||11 %|