Site for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnytaste.com
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 cups canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, chopped (to taste)
- 1 tsp Mexican hot chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and garlic; sauté until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, chipotle chiles, hot chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 7-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- Makes 4 cups