Recipe for original Recipe before changes: www.skinnykitchen.com
- 6 slices Jennio’s turkey bacon
- 4 slices Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat bread
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Heart Light
- 2 teaspoon spicy or yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon skinny ranch dressing
- 4 ounces sliced turkey breast, cooked and thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices fresh tomato
- 2 slices Screaming Dutchman Low Fat Gouda
1. To cook the bacon- place on a microwave-safe plate two sheets of paper towels. Spread on top of the paper towels 6 slices of bacon in a single layer. Lay another sheet of paper towel on top of the bacon. Cook in microwave until crisp (~ 4 to 5 minutes)
2. Spread 4 slices of bread with I teaspoon each of butter, flip over and spread 2 inside slices with mustard and the other 2 inside slices with ranch or mayo.
3. With the butter side on the outside, top the ranch side with the sliced turkey, tomato, bacon, and cheese.
4. Put the remaining slices of bread on top of the cheese, with the mustard side in.
5. Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Place the sandwiches in the pan and grill on med/high heat until golden brown (~3 minutes). Flip sandwiches over and cook about 2 more minutes until golden brown. If you have a Panini maker cook the sandwiches for only 3-4 minutes until golden. The Panini maker cooks both sides at the same time.
6. Remove from heat, cut each sandwich in half. Serve with carrot sticks and a fruit cup.
Makes 2 sandwiches
|Total Fat 10 g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 3 g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 74 mg||25 %|
|Sodium 1087 mg||45 %|
|Potassium 0 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||24 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 28 g||56 %|
|Vitamin A||11 %|
|Vitamin C||14 %|