Original Recipe before changes : www.eatingwell.com
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons minced serrano or jalapeño pepper
- 1 pound broccoli with stems (not crowns)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro and/or mint
- ¼ cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- ½ cup coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- Combine water and brown sugar in a bowl; stir until the sugar dissolves. Add lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce and chile pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Peel the broccoli stems. Coarsely chop all the broccoli. Pulse in a food processor into rice-size pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli “rice” and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls; cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and pork and cook over medium-high heat, stirring and breaking up, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in herbs, shallot and ½ cup of the reserved sauce.
- To serve, top each bowl of broccoli rice with equal portions of the pork mixture, bell pepper, carrot, cucumber and peanuts. Serve with the remaining sauce.
|Total Fat 21 g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 5 g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23 %|
|Sodium 792 mg||33 %|
|Potassium 1074 mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35 g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||25 %|
|Sugars 19 g|
|Protein 30 g||59 %|
|Vitamin A||145 %|
|Vitamin C||313 %|